Sunday, May 13, 2012

In Case Of Emergency Break Glass

Awhile back I found the best little gag gift on Pinterest. 

Of course I had to copy this idea!


Seriously, who doesn't have that emergency chocolate stash?


Wanna see how I did it? 



Supplies: 
picture frame (I used 5x7)
chocolate bar
vinyl or printer
glue dots or tape
spray paint (optional)


The first step I started with is completely optional. I spray painted my picture frames black so that they were uniform. If you have a frame that you are happy with just how you got it, you can skip this step and move on to the next. 




Next step was to install the chocolate bars into the frames. All I did for this one is use glue dots to secure the chocolate bar to the piece of paper I was using as a back piece.





press the chocolate bar down firmly to paper



Once I had the chocolate bar and paper in place, I put the back of the frame back on and slid the holding tabs back in place. The back piece is going to bulge a bit because of the chocolate bar being wedged in there, but if you press the back piece down, than press the holding tab down, it will stay put.






After the chocolate bar is in your frame, it's time to add the letters. I chose to use vinyl to add the letters to the front of the glass, but if you're not able to use vinyl, you could always print the letters out onto your paper that you mount the chocolate bar onto, or using letter stickers. 





Once you have your letters in place you're done! 




I think these are the perfect little funny gift for a few Moms that I know. 


So do you have an emergency chocolate stash?




I was featured!!!





thecreativepaige.com








I'm sharing this project at the following link parties: 

~ The Cure For The Common Monday @ Lines Across ~ Make It Great Monday @ Etcetorize ~ What's In The Gunny Sack @ The Gunny Sack ~ Craft & Tell @ Cherished Bliss ~ Talent Tuesday @ Vintage Wanna Bee ~ Tutorials & Tips Link Party @ Home Stories From A to Z ~ Take-A-Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts ~ Tell Me Tuesday @ Me And My Boys ~ Tip Toe Thru Tuesday @ Crayonfreckles and Tiaras & Bowties ~ Too Cute Tuesday @ Funky Polkadot Giraffe ~ Time To Shine @ A Diamond In The Stuff ~ Show Me What Ya Got @ Not Just A Housewife ~ Love It and Link It Up @ The Little Giggler ~ Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts ~ Lil Luna Link Party @ Lil Luna ~ Your Whims Wednesday @ My Girlish Whims ~ Share The Wealth Wednesday @ Laugh, Love & Craft ~ Wicked Awesome Wednesday @ Handy Man Crafty Woman ~ Weekly Link Party @ Sew Woodsy ~ Show & Share @ Southern Lovely, My Lil Pink Pocket & Vintage Gwen ~ Spicy Link Up @ It's Just Called Spicy ~ Hoo's Got Talent @ Night Owl Crafting ~ Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage ~ Creative Juice Thursday @ Momnivore's Dilemma ~ I Made This @ Grit & Giggles ~ Show Me Extraordinary @ The 36th Avenue ~ BFF Open House Link Party @ The Answer Is Chocolate ~ Creative Genius Link Party @ The Creative Paige ~ Delicately Constructed Fridays @ Delicate Construction ~ Weekend Bloggy Reading @ Serenity Now ~ Anything Goes Link Party @ Bacon Time ~ Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots & Jello ~ Free For All @ Young & Crafty ~ Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane Boutique ~ Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters' Stuff ~ Show & Tell @ Be Normal Act Different ~ Saturday Seven Spotlight @ Positively Splendid ~ Think Pink Sunday @ Flamingo Toes ~ Sunday Show Off Link Party @ Twigg Studio ~ Sister Sunday Link Party @ Sisters Of The Wild West ~ Sundae Scoop Link Party @ I {Heart} Naptime ~









23 comments:

  1. hah! This is badass. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should make one and hang it at my desk at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super fun idea! I should make this for my mom.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would make one of these but I don't think it would stay intact for very long. Thanks for linking up at Etcetorize~

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG... this is the best idea EVER!

    mylifeinpodunk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to make this for my boss, love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This definitely would make a great gift! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK this is absolutely THE most perfect idea ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All my girlfriends are getting this for their birthdays!
    Seriously funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are seriously so funny and cute! Just started following you! Would love if you would love if you could follow back!
    xo Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once in a while I see a craft project that makes me stop dead in my tracks and giggle... you know, one of those I have to make myself projects. guess who has the most of those projects? hmmmm, YoU! Bethany thanks for sharing with us at tip toe thru tuesday, I so love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wanted to let you know I featured this as part of my link party wrap up! Feel free to grab a featured button from my sidebar if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Bethany
    I l.o.v.e. this project! It is absolutely clever and a great gift. Now following your blog. Hope you can come by my blog for a visit at http://altered-artworks.blogspot.com. When there, you might like my "Pull Tab in Case of [Chocolate] Emergency" altered juice can here: http://altered-artworks.blogspot.com/2012/02/pull-tab-in-case-of-chocolate-emergency.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's adorable, Bethany! Pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have been featured on tiarasandbowties.blogspot.com stop by and grab a button!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, these are seriously so cute and fun! And perfect for our mom! :) Thanks for sharing your ideas on "Strut Your Stuff" Saturday! We hope to see you again! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh, I need to make this! So funny!

    I would love for you to share at my Pinteresting Party.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so super cute! I pinned it, hope more people find it too =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Bethany!! This is so cute and fun!! I featured you today! http://www.flamingotoes.com/2012/05/crush-of-the-week-think-pink-features-51/

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love it and thanks a lot for the tips that you have shared to all of us..i love hershey's its one of my favorite chocolate..i would love to try this on..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Problem, for me, is the wrapper, minus the actual bar, works just as well. Otherwise, the glass would always be broken :)

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...